An $800 million-dollar skyscraper is set to debut at Adelaide and Duncan streets in Toronto.
Dreamed up by real estate developer Peter Freed of Freed Developments, the first-ever Freed Hotel and Residences tower will bring both Katsuya by Sam Nazarian’s Disruptive Group by sbe and artwork by renowned Japanese artist Takashi Murakami to Toronto.
Designed by Chicago-based tall building experts Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, renowned for the next world’s tallest and most luxurious skyscraper Jeddah Tower in Saudi Arabia, as well as Central Park Tower in New York, the project will feature 100 five-star luxury hotel rooms and 400 luxury condominiums with a world class Skybar/restaurant on the 63rd floor, boutique spa, and a 10,000 sq ft Katsuya Restaurant on the 2nd floor.
Key features & design elements
Key features of the Freed Hotel and Residences project include:
- Freed Hotel Debut: Freed Hotel and Residences marks the introduction of the first-ever Freed hotel in Canada, offering an unparalleled blend of luxury, style, and sophistication through hotel-style living.
- Multi-Functional Tower: The project will feature 100 luxury hotel rooms and 400 luxury condominiums with a world class Skybar/restaurant on the 63rd floor.
- Katsuya, Contemporary Japanese Restaurant: The hotel will house the exquisite Katsuya Japanese restaurant by Sam Nazarian’s Disruptive Group by sbe on the second floor.
- Takashi Murakami Art Integration: Takashi Murakami will bring forward his famous artwork, “Together with the flower parent and child,” that will be featured prominently inside the lobby of the first-ever Freed Hotel and Residences.
- Amenities include: 62nd floor Sky Lobby with grand staircase leading to 63rd floor restaurant and bar featuring 70 ft tall space below a sloping skylight, boutique spa, terrace and outdoor garden, private spaces for entertaining and dining, fitness and yoga studio, private theater room, valet parking and full-service concierge, and more.
The Freed Hotel and Residences is scheduled to begin sales in March 2024 and will be located at 240 Adelaide Street West.
Potential buyers can expect a diverse range of units ranging from 270 sq.ft. to over 9,800 sq.ft. For further information on Freed Developments, click here.