With the holidays right around the corner, Viking is celebrating its Christmas market voyages for the 2023 river season.
Sailing Viking’s Longship fleet, guests can celebrate an Old World Christmas on special sailings through the season featuring illuminated Christmas markets, regional holiday specialties, and handmade gifts.
On board Viking’s Longships, guests can find musical performances, tree trimming, and cooking demonstrations as part of their daily programming. With departure dates running late November through December, the Christmas market itineraries explore cities and small towns across Austria, Germany, France, Hungary, and more.
Christmas market itineraries
- NEW Christmas on the Rhine & Moselle – New this holiday season is the scenic 12-day cruise tour will have guests browse through stalls full of local delicacies and handicrafts at the charming Christmas markets of Trier, Koblenz and Mannheim and admire the festive seasonal displays in Paris.
- NEW Christmas on the Main & Moselle – Also new is this river voyage that will immerse guests in French, German and Czech traditions. Explore Christmas markets in quaint German towns, like Heidelberg and Cochem, sample tasty yuletide dishes in chic Paris, and visit castles and cathedrals that are adorned with festive displays.
- Christmas on the Rhine – This 8-day voyage is a joyful celebration of festive cheer. Guests will journey through storybook villages, while sampling tasty yuletide treats and browsing colorful stalls for handcrafted ornaments. They will admire the twinkling lights of Cologne and revel in the merry atmosphere of the Rhine Valley.
- Christmas on the Seine –This 8-day voyage will explore Paris, France’s twinkling “City of Light”, sail through the snow-covered landscapes of Normandy’s, and admire the scenes of fairy-tale villages along the way. Onboard festivities include regional dining specialties, seasonal treats, and more to celebrate the holidays.
- Christmas on the Danube – Guests will discover medieval towns and quaint villages along the “Blue Danube.” Guests will be able to stroll among the stalls at Budapest’s Christmas market, be immersed in the cheerful atmosphere of Vienna as they shop for handmade decorations and visit the fairy-tale village of Regensburg.
- Danube Christmas Delights – Passing through Europe’s most enchanting countries, guests will stop to explore cultural capitals and fairy-tale villages, savor Austro-Hungarian cuisine, admire the Wachau Valley’s beauty, and take part in European holiday traditions.
- Christmas Along the Elbe – During this 10-day cruisetour, guests will take part in time-honored European holiday traditions. The itinerary will provide guests the opportunity to revel in Berlin’s festive atmosphere, shop for handmade porcelain in Meissen, and delve into Prague’s Jewish history while its famed Christmas market exudes an abundance of good cheer.