Music is an integral part of Montréal’s culture, and the city’s spring/summer calendar offers a variety of exciting festival options for visitors to choose from.
Here are five exciting music festivals taking place this spring and summer!
- Metro Metro (May 20 – 22): Montréal’s biggest urban musical festival hits the Parc Olympique Esplanade this May with a lineup that’s sure to be one to remember. Headlining acts include Lil Baby, Playboi Carti and Young Thug plus up and comers Don Toliver, Lil Pump and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie. Local Québec artists include Loud, Naya Ali, Koriass, Fouki and 5Sang14.
- Francos de Montréal (June 10 – 18): Showcasing French-language music heavyweights and fresh emerging talent, the top musical artists of the franco music scene will take over the Quartier des Spectacles in June with nearly 250 concerts, many of which are presented free at some fifteen outdoor and indoor venues. Spectators can enjoy hip-hop, rock, pop, folk, electronic music and everything in between at Francos de Montréal.
- Festival International de Jazz de Montréal (June 30 – July 9): The 42nd edition of the world’s largest jazz festival will feature jazz greats like Ludovico Einaudi, Gregory Porter and Dominique Fils-Aimé, along with Quebec’s own wunderkind Jean Michel Blais.
- Osheaga (July 29 – 31): Montréal’s major musical festival returns this year with a lineup that includes headliners like Foo Fighters, A$AP Rocky, Dua Lipa and the Arkells. Upcoming artists include London-based singer, rapper and songwriter Ashnikko, Montréal’s own DJ Bolarinho and Ireland’s rock band Inhaler.
- Lasso Festival (August 12 – 13) The new Lasso country music festival hits Montréal in Jean Drapeau Park this August. Headline acts include American country music singer and songwriter Dierks Bentley, chart-topping country band Old Dominion, Georgia’s Luke Bryan and country-pop star Kelsea Ballerini.
For more fun things to do in Montreal this year, visit the official tourism website.