Fresh, local flavors lead the way for Holland America Line‘s cuisine on Caribbean sailings with new regionally themed menus in the Dining Room and Lido Market.
Adding to the culinary journey, Caribbean-bound guests can now enjoy a new themed brunch, indulge in local rum tastings, and savor a traditional, pirate-inspired rum punch crafted by renowned mixologist David Wondrich, who also will share his expertise on a March cruise aboard Zaandam.
Offered on sea days, all dishes on the new Caribbean Brunch menu in the Dining Room showcase fresh, local ingredients.
Local flavors on display
The Dining Room features a range of new dishes showcasing island staples and favorites on all Caribbean cruises, including:
- Chilly Caribbean shrimp cocktail with orange habanero aioli
- Jerk pork tenderloin with peanuts, rice pilaf and black beans
- Mahi mahi diablo with cilantro rice and guajillo chilies
- Spiced pork belly with pineapple, salsa, roasted squash and sweet potatoes
- Corn and salt fish fritter with garlic aioli
- Chicken and callaloo soup with butternut squash, garlic, thyme and toasted coconut
- Steamed stone crabs served chilled with a Dijon aioli dipping sauce (supplemental charge).
Taste the Caribbean islands in Lido Market
During Caribbean sailings, the casual Lido Market features regional favorites like Puerto Rican tostones. Made fresh daily with plantain chips, Puerto Rican tostones are served open-faced for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Topping selections range from tropical fruit for breakfast to pulled pork, garlic shrimp or vegetarian for dinner.
The Lido Market’s popular crepe bar features regional fruits and toppings with a buttered rum sauce. Lido dinner options include Caribbean lamb curry, Caribbean roasted pork sandwich, jerk lamb shank, braised brisket criollo, frita cubana, Jamaican garlic shrimp, Jamaican braised oxtail, rockfish cou-cou, and a selection of regional island hot sauces.
For more information, visit hollandamerica.com.